Monday, June 02, 2008

Playlist for June 4th

Today will be a preview of my 20th Anniversary of Jammin' Jim show that I will feature during the KKUP Blues Marathon coming up this weekend. I will feature the best of the up-and-coming Blues Artists from the past and present. As always, you can read my playlist on my Damn Traffic blog at http://damntraffic.blogspot.com.

Song-Time-Artist-CD Title
Damn Traffic-3:42-Bnois King/Smokin' Joe Kubek-Take Your Best Shot
Fishin' Blues-3:08-Taj Mahal-Best of Taj Mahal [Sony Remaster], The
Two Plays for a Quarter-5:41-Kate Hart-Queen of The Night
Sweet Little Angel-3:10-B.B. King-Live at San Quentin
2:18 PM
2008 Blues Marathon Flyer on KKUP Web Site. I happened across Anders Osborne many years ago. It's really bluesy stuff.
Coming Down-4:52-Anders Osborne-Coming Down
Done Got Old-3:24-Buddy Guy-Can't Quit the Blues (3 of 3)
2:28 PM
Ron Thompson told me about Eddie Taylor. I'm glad he did!
Jackson Town-3:40-Eddie Taylor-I Feel So Bad
Georgia Slop-3:21-Finis Tasby-Jump Children!
2:37 PM
Really nice version of an old Beatles tune. This goes out to my wife Michelle. And I Love Her, I really do...
And I Love Her-4:50-The Holmes Brothers-Righteous! The Essential Collection
High Rise-3:04-Freddie King-Hide Away: the Best of Freddy King
Linin' Track-1:16-Leadbelly-Bourgeois Blues: Lead Belly Legacy, Vol. 2
Flow Mississippi Flow-4:11-Chris Thomas King-Rise
I ran across the music of Chris Thomas King a few years ago. He did the soundtrack for Brother Where Art Thou. I'm sure that this song about Hurricane Katrina showed you why.
2:51 PM
Hobo Blues-3:01-Bukka White-Big Daddy [2004]
Hobo-4:57-Carl Wyatt & The Rhythm Kings-Suicide Blues
KKUP Cupertino. I interviewed Carl with Archie Lee Hooker years ago. Playing this music brings back many memories.
3:01 PM
It's My Own Tears-6:01-Coco Montoya-Dirty Deal
Down And Out-3:12-Chris Ramey-Something Borrowed Something Blue
That was the late Chris Ramey. If you missed the name of a song during my show, you can see my playlist on my Damn Traffic blog at http://damntraffic.blogspot.com or search for Damn Traffic in Google.
3:11 PM
44 Blues-3:33-Roosevelt Skyes-Chicago Boogie
One Good Woman-3:59-Little Jonny & The Giants-King Of Clubs
You hear this artist on the KKUP Blues Marathon at 5 PM on Friday, this Friday.
3:21 PM
Somebody to Love-5:48-Etta James-Let's Roll
You Gatta Move-3:25-Mississippi Fred Mcdowell-Best of Mississippi Fred Mcdowell, The
Don't Let My Baby Ride-3:00-Billy Sheets-Please Tell Me Why
That was an early up-and-comer on Late Night City Blues.
3:34 PM
I Cover the Waterfront-4:03-John Lee Hooker-Hooker Disc 2
Old Love-6:26-Lara Price/Laura Chavez-Lara And Laura Unplugged
Two youngbloods for sure. Up and comers too!
3:46 PM
I Feel That Old Feeling Coming On-4:21-Tommy Castro-Gratitude
CYPRESS GROVE-3:12-ELEANOR ELLIS-COMIN' A TIME
3:53 PM
My best wishes go out to this next artist who is recovering from cancer. Get well soon, Candye Kane!
It Should Be Rainin'-5:08-Candye Kane-Diva la Grande
Jimmy Thackery's Guitar starting with Apache to end the hour and through my Concert Calendar at 4 PM.
4:00 PM
Concert Calendar
People Get Ready-3:22-The Blind Boys of Alabama-Higher Ground
Lord, I Wish I Could See-2:48-Blind Gary Davis/Rev. Gary Davis-From Blues to Gospel
Keep Me Near the Cross (Servant's Prayer)-5:31-Fairfield Four-Standing in the Safety Zone
Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning [#]-3:12-Annie Mae Mcdowell/Mississippi Fred McDowell-First Recordings: the Alan Lomax Portait Series
Promised Land-3:35-The Holmes Brothers-Righteous! The Essential Collection
It's Freedom She Needs-3:40-Billy McEwen-Billy McEwen And The Soul Invaders
4:34 PM
Picture in a Frame-3:40-Tom Waits-Mule Variations
The Peanut Vendor-3:28-Billie & De De Pierce-Gulf Coast Blues
Got the Blues in My Heart-4:59-Booboo Davis-Drew, Mississippi
Me and Sonny-2:51-Brownie McGhee-The Folkways Years (1945-1959)
Go on Fool-4:33-Bryan Lee-Six String Therapy
4:54 PM 6/4/2008
I Feel Lucky-3:35-Ruthie & the Gents-(Internet Download)
Damn Traffic-3:42-Bnois King/Smokin' Joe Kubek-Take Your Best Shot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home